As lifelong residents of Baton Rouge, Luci and Wayne Stabiler have experienced the power of community time and time again. With so much gratitude and respect for the neighbors, friends and family who have supported their endeavors, Wayne and Luci Stabiler wanted to start a foundation designed to give back to the community where they grew up, raised their family, and built their businesses.
Luci and Wayne Stabiler serve up a helping of gratitude
Bringing local food and resources to local people is at the heart of the Stabiler story.
Wayne Stabiler got his first taste of entrepreneurship in the 1980’s while still in high school. He would drive to the Louisiana coast to buy seafood from the local fishermen, then bring home the fresh catch to local markets. By the time he was 21 he opened a seafood wholesale business. Wayne’s passion for fresh Louisiana seafood and appreciation for delicious eats led him into the catering business, restaurant ownership and other food centric industries.
Luci Stabiler was by his side every step of the way. The couple met while attending Broadmoor High School in Baton Rouge and have been together ever since! Married for 35 years, Luci and Wayne Stabiler have 3 children and 5 grandchildren.
- Their oldest daughter Megan Stabiler Schmitt is married to Donny Schmitt and they have three children, Dean, Vera, and Stabiler.
- Daughter Kandace Stabiler King is married to Taylor King and they have two children, Leighton and Sloane.
- Son Wayne Stabiler III is a student at Ole Miss.
Grassroots to Glory
Helping those in need and providing time, talent and treasure have always been a part of Wayne Stabiler Companies’ (WSC) culture. In 2018 , Luci Stabiler lead the charge to form The Stabiler Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization created to officially provide support to some of the causes that are close to their hearts.
- Funding Military Families through the Navy SEAL Foundation
- Improving the lives of children in the Baton Rouge area by alleviating hunger and food insecurity
- Supporting other charities that help local children: McMains Center, Pat’s Coats for Kids, Iris Domestic Violence Center and other organizations helps to support the community.
Sharing the good fortune we have received by giving back to our community just makes sense and feels right. – Luci and Wayne Stabiler
As owner of Little Village Restaurants Airline and Downtown, Stab’s Steak & Seafood, Palermo Ristorante, Sammy’s Grill Highland and Stab’s Prime Steak and Seafood, as well as Catering Cajun, Wayne has a unique understanding of the business and what it takes to be successful. Now that Wayne Stabiler Companies (WSC) has grown into almost a dozen entities, a new non-profit organization has been formed to continue to support the Baton Rouge community .
You must be logged in to post a comment.